These days, if you want to improve your smile, you don’t have to settle for metal or ceramic braces. Instead, you can go with Invisalign, which is a brand of clear plastic aligners that you can remove easily when you need to brush, floss, or eat. The aligner is custom molded, and you replace the tray every week or two so you can gradually shift misaligned teeth into their proper positions.
Not every patient is the right candidate for Invisalign, and an orthodontist will need to examine your mouth to determine if this would be the best way to achieve a perfect smile.
In the event that you are a good candidate, you’ll want to consider Invisalign cost and your options. Check out the information below to get an idea of what you’d need to pay if you took this route.
Why More People Are Choosing Invisalign
- Invisalign boasts a lot of features that make it more attractive than other types of braces.
- You don’t need to make as many trips to the orthodontist’s office throughout the treatment period.
- It can take the same amount of time, or less, to straighten your teeth than it would take with regular braces.
- Although it can cause some discomfort, it might be more comfortable than regular braces.
- Because it’s clear, other people probably won’t even know you’re wearing it.
- It can be a good alternative to lingual braces, which people seek in an effort to hide the fact that they’re wearing braces.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
When looking at Invisalign vs. braces cost, you’ll see that they’re similar.
The average cost of Invisalign can be anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000, but the price can go as high as $8,000 in some cases.
Of course, the cost will be dependent on various factors, such as where you live and what orthodontist you use, as well as why you need braces, how long you need to wear them, and if you need any additional treatments or extractions first.
For example: to treat minor misalignment, or if the problem can be fixed in a few months, you might only pay $2,800 for Invisalign. On the other hand, if your bite needs more correction, or if the majority of your teeth need to be aligned, the price will be higher, potentially around $5,000.
What About Invisalign Alternatives?
- There are other brands, such as ClearCorrect and SmileDirectClub, that offer clear aligners, so you can consider those options as well if you want to shop for the lowest price.
- The average price of ClearCorrect aligners is $2,000 to $8,000. If you have dental insurance that covers orthodontics, it may help by paying a portion of that cost, so you might save hundreds.
- Another option is SmileDirectClub, which you can take advantage of from home. You start by making a mold of your teeth so you can mail it to the company. They’ll send you aligners, and you’ll follow their instructions for use. This tends to be more affordable, with average costs around $1,850, but you aren’t getting the benefits of working directly with an orthodontist. And, with the right insurance, you might be reimbursed for the cost of these aligners after paying for them upfront.
Don’t Forget to Add in Additional FeesAs you work on calculating how much you’ll need to spend on Invisalign, don’t forget additional costs that could add hundreds to your bill, such as:
- Treatments to ensure your teeth are healthy enough for orthodontics
- Retainers that you’ll need to wear after your Invisalign treatment is complete
How Much Does Invisalign Cost Monthly?
- You might be able to get on a monthly plan to make it easier to pay a hefty Invisalign bill. Just keep in mind that, depending on your needs, you might have to wear Invisalign for months or years, and this can affect the monthly fee.
- If you don’t have Invisalign insurance coverage, you might pay $125 per month, though prices might start at $99 per month.
- If you have insurance that helps cover the cost of Invisalign, your monthly plan will be lower, with the average cost being around $83 per month.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign?
If the price of Invisalign is scaring you, don’t worry, as there are many insurance providers that will help cover the cost of this innovative treatment. Just be sure to enroll in a plan that covers orthodontics, including Invisalign, in particular.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost with Insurance?
Remember, the amount that you’ll need to pay for Invisalign will depend on your unique needs, but insurance providers might cover anywhere from 25% to 50% of the cost. This means you can potentially save hundreds or thousands.
Another perk to having insurance: it might also help cover the cost of treatments that you need prior to getting the braces, such as fillings or extractions. So, even after you consider out-of-pocket costs like your premium, copay, coinsurance, and deductible, you’ll still save money.Tips:
- As you shop for dental insurance that covers orthodontics, read the fine print. There might be restrictions in terms of when Invisalign will be covered. For example, some providers might only cover it if it’s medically necessary.
- Also, keep in mind that dental plans typically come with annual maximums. Your coverage for Invisalign and other dental care might be capped at a certain amount, such as $1,500 or $5,000 per year, depending on your policy.
To Save Money, Sign Up for Dental Insurance That Covers Invisalign!
Whether your kids need braces or you’re an adult whose teeth need to be aligned, there are plenty of dental insurance providers that will help cover the cost of these treatments.
To find the best plan available in your area, browse the Direct Benefits Marketplace, where you can easily compare policies to see which one fits your budget and gives you the most coverage with the highest possible savings.